Online Application Deadline : July 31st, 2018
Program Starting Date : Fall 2018
Full time Duration : 3 years
Level obtained : PhD degree
|Download the full Call|
|PhD research projects|
|Presentation of the research teams|
|Contact: neurocampus.graduateprogram @ u-bordeaux.fr|
|Download the poster|
|Download the brochure|
Selected as a French Initiative of Excellence, the PhD program in Neuroscience focuses on knowledge, innovation and cross-disciplinarity. PhD students benefit from a variety of educational programs, ambitious training initiatives, international conferences and cutting-edge research facilities.
The International PhD training offer includes:
– Research projects in Bordeaux Neurocampus laboratories
– 100 hours of additional courses, with a balance between disciplinary (Neuroscience) and complementary training.
– Monthly PhD seminar series currently organized by PhD students.
– Hands-on training workshops as a trainee or instructor at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience.
All courses are delivered in English.
CALL FOR APPLICATION 2018
For the year 2018, the Bordeaux Neurocampus Graduate Program offers 6 PhD positions.
– Hold a Master degree*
– Prove excellent academic and scientific level
– Demonstrate previous experience in a research laboratory
– Have an adequate level in English
*Applicants are expected to hold their Master diploma for the registration step at the very latest .
Admission to the PhD Program involves 4 steps:
1/ Online application (pre-selection): personal details, documents to provided and a list of 3 preferred PhD research project among the list of PhD research projects
2/ Personal interview (selection) (in person at Bordeaux Neurocampus or via skype): 30 minutes to present academic background, research experience, motivation and arguments justifying the choice of 3 preferred PhD research projects
3/ Discussion and final validation with the PhD supervisor (the applicant is invited to directly contact and organize meetings with the PhD supervisors of its preferred PhD research projects during his stay for interviews)
4/ Registration at the Life and Health Science Doctoral School of the University of Bordeaux
|Online Applications Deadline||31/07/2018|
|Pre-selection by the selection committee||September 2018|
|Personal interviews and selection (in person at Bordeaux or via Skype)||3-5/10/2018|
|Meet and validation with the PhD supervisor||3-5/10/2018|
|Finale notification by the selection committee||October 2018|
|Registration and Start||Fall 2018
FEES AND FUNDINGS
– 6 Fellowships offered by the program
– Mobility grants are available upon application
– Annual university registration fees: approximatively 400 €
An integrated, innovative and cross-disciplinary international PhD program in neuroscience taking place within a vibrant scientific community. PhD students benefit from:
– The expertise of the Bordeaux Neurocampus research laboratories covering a wide variety of skills and technologies from basic to applied and translational research. Research laboratories
– Cuttting-edge facilities that feature technological innovations and provide graduates with hands-on training
– International mobility and/or training opportunities
– Access to international scientific networks via structured academic and industrial partnerships
– Career guidance services to support the professional insertion of graduates