Patrick D. Wall Young Investigator Prize for Basic Science
This prize honors an individual who has achieved a high level of independence as an outstanding scholar in the field of pain in basic science.
The recipient is given the opportunity to present their research at the IASP World Congress on Pain. The recipient also receives a plaque, economy airfare to the Congress, Congress registration, and Congress accommodation expenses, and a cash prize of US$2,500.
Prize Eligibility Requirements
- The candidate must be within 15 years of their highest degree at the time of application.
- The candidate must be an IASP member at the time of application.
- The candidate must have performed independent research that was not under the direction of senior scientist.
- The candidate must have published work in international refereed journals or periodicals. Only work published in international publications will be considered.
- If selected, the candidate must attend the IASP World Congress on Pain.