International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Mid-Career (Now “Early-Career”) Research Fellowships
This Fellowship program was established in response to an increased demand for further training of early-career biochemists in the Developing World. These are short-term fellowships (1 to 2 months) to enable early-career (tenured Associate Professor) researchers to work in an established laboratory to learn state-of-the-art techniques that are not readily available in their own countries.
The deadlines for receipt of applications are April 1st (for travel beginning in July – December the same year) and October 1st (for travel beginning in January – June the following year). Applicants are encouraged to apply at least one cycle in advance of their anticipated travel; earlier applications will be considered to allow for resubmissions. Late applications will not be considered.
Tang education fellowships
The IUBMB Tang Education Fellowships will provide opportunities for the development of both biochemistry and molecular biology educational programs and educators with the specific aims of:
- increasing expertise and capability in biochemistry and molecular biology education
- supporting engaged educators
- promoting change/innovation in approaches to education
- improving student learning experiences, outcomes, and engagement with biochemistry and molecular biology
- building an evidence base on which to make future recommendations on biochemistry and molecular biology education
- supporting biochemistry and molecular biology education in developing countries.