Call for application: International PhD program in Neuroscience
Selected as a French Initiative of Excellence, the PhD program in Neuroscience focuses on knowledge, innovation and cross-disciplinarity. PhD students benefit from a variety of educational programs, ambitious training initiatives, international conferences and cutting-edge research facilities.
The International PhD training offer includes:
– Research projects in Bordeaux Neurocampus laboratories
– 100 hours of additional courses, with a balance between disciplinary (Neuroscience) and complementary training.
– Monthly PhD seminar series currently organized by PhD students.
– Hands-on training workshops as a trainee or instructor at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience.
All courses are delivered in English.
CALL FOR APPLICATION 2018
For the year 2018, the Bordeaux Neurocampus Graduate Program offers 6 PhD positions.
– Hold a Master Degree in a relevant discipline
– Prove excellent academic and scientific level
– Demonstrate Experience in a research laboratory
– Have an adequate level in English
Admission to the PhD Program involves 4 steps:
1/ Online application: personal details, documents to provide and choice of the 3 preferred PhD research project.
2/ Personal interview (in person at Bordeaux Neurocampus or via skype): 30 minutes to present academic background, research experience, motivation and arguments justifying the choice of 3 preferred PhD research projects
3/ Discussion and final validation with the PhD supervisor
4/ Pedagogical and administrative registration.
PhD students of the program are enrolled in the Life and Health Science Doctoral School of the University of Bordeaux.
|Deadline of Online Applications||31/07/2018|
|Pre selection commission||September 2018|
|Interviews (physical in Bordeaux or skype) and selection commission||3-5/10/2018|
|Meet and validation with the thesis director||3-5/10/2018|
|Finale notification||October 2018|
|Pedagogical, administrative registration and Start||Fall 2018 – Deadline December 3d|
FEES AND FUNDINGS
– 6 Fellowships offered by the program
– Mobility grants are available upon application
– Annual university registration fees: approximatively 400 €
An integrated, innovative and cross-disciplinary international PhD program in neuroscience taking place within a vibrant scientific community. PhD students benefit from:
– The expertise of the Bordeaux Neurocampus research laboratories covering a wide variety of skills and technologies from basic to applied and translational research. Research laboratories
– Cuttting-edge facilities that feature technological innovations and provide graduates with hands-on training
– International mobility and/or training opportunities
– Access to international scientific networks via structured academic and industrial partnerships
– Career guidance services to support the professional insertion of graduates
Online Application Deadline : July 31st, 2018
Program Starting Date : Fall 2018
Full time Duration : 3-4 years
Level obtained : PhD degree
Download the poster
Download the brochure
Download the full Call
Apply online (coming soon)
PhD research projects (coming soon)
Presentation of the research teams