Our current research is devoted to the phenomenon of harmonic fusion in normal and hearing-We use psychophysical techniques to clarify the mechanisms of auditory perception in normal and hearing-impaired listeners (including cochlear implant wearers). Our current research is mainly devoted to the phenomenon of harmonic fusion and to automatic change detection in complex acoustic scenes.
- Automatic frequency-shift detection in the auditory system: A review of psychophysical findings.. Laurent Demany, Catherine Semal. Neuroscience. 2017-09-01.
- The auditory enhancement effect is not reflected in the 80-Hz auditory steady-state response.. Samuele Carcagno, Christopher J. Plack, Arthur Portron, Catherine Semal, Laurent Demany. JARO. 2014-05-21. 15 (4) : 621-630.
- The perceptual enhancement of tones by frequency shifts.. Laurent Demany, Samuele Carcagno, Catherine Semal. Hearing Research. 2013-04-01. 298 : 10-16.
- Implicit versus explicit frequency comparisons: two mechanisms of auditory change detection.. Laurent Demany, Catherine Semal, Daniel Pressnitzer. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance. 2011-01-01. 37 (2) : 597-605.
- Fundamental differences in change detection between vision and audition.. Laurent Demany, Catherine Semal, Jean-René Cazalets, Daniel Pressnitzer. Exp Brain Res. 2010-04-06. 203 (2) : 261-270.
- Continuous versus discrete frequency changes: different detection mechanisms?. Laurent Demany, Robert P. Carlyon, Catherine Semal. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 2009-02-01. 125 (2) : 1082-1090.
- Individual differences in the sensitivity to pitch direction.. Catherine Semal, Laurent Demany. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 2006-12-01. 120 (6) : 3907-3915.
Laurent Demany Demany (Team leader)
Chercheurs, Praticiens hospitaliers...