Mini-workshop: “Introduction to Experimental Neuroscience”
Date: 5 full days, 26th-30th october 2020
Public: Master students
Attendance: 14 students, 7 instructors.
Venue: The Bordeaux School of Neuroscience, University of Bordeaux.
Short description: This mini-workshop is targeted to Master students, particularly those whose internship has been impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions last term. This intensive mini-workshop will expose students to key methodologies in neuroscience, through hands-on training. They will be guided by PhD students and Engineers to work on a short project at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience, a research laboratory fully dedicated to training activities.
Mini-projects and methodologies:
- Neuronal cell biology (neuronal cultures, transfections, live imaging, western blotting, PCR)
- Slice electrophysiology (patch-clamp and optogenetics)
- Brain surgery, in vivo stereotactic injections, neuroanatomy
- Mouse behaviour and in vivo electrophysiology.
- Giuliana Pellegrino, Scientific Manager, Bordeaux School of Neuroscience
- Mariela Escande, Scientific Manager, Bordeaux School of Neuroscience
- Zoé Grivet, PhD student, IMN, Neuroscience in Bordeaux Association (NBA)
- Xavier Fioramonti, DR INRAE, NutriNeuro
- Christophe Mulle, DR CNRS, IINS
- Cristina Lemos, Project Manager Bordeaux Neurocampus Graduate Program.
Deadline for application: October 4th, 2020