Training: «International Sponsorship Program – Bridge from Academia to Industry»
Deadline for registration: 11th of March 2022 , results of selection 19th of March
- PhD students doing a thesis in Bordeaux Neurocampus laboratories
- PhD students in the field of neurosciences.
- PhD students enrolled the SVS doctoral school
- Recent Bordeaux Neurocampus PhD graduates
Capacity: 10 PhD students/alumni & 10 MSc Students
Eligibility requirements: Selection upon filling the application form and uploading all the required files (CV and 3 min video pitch about themselves and their motivation for this program). PhD students are also required to register on the ADUM platform
- Application form: https://forms.gle/yHNCxTjccE6jnrJBA
- Upload your CV: https://www.dropbox.com/request/wXfB3jo7owdL1moC7jMD
- Upload your video: https://www.dropbox.com/request/t7GSKcjqWfeKvroLToDz
- To develop interaction between the PhD students (mentee/protege) and experienced academic professionals (mentors/sponsors) to exchange experiences and advice to contribute to the success of a doctoral student’s project and career perspectives outside academia. This Sponsorship program enables a pair of volunteers, with no hierarchical link, to become part of a mutual enrichment process and to share their knowledge, experience, network, support, and encouragement.
- To create a moment of exchange of ideas, information and debate around thematic like career progression, networking, communication
- Facilitating the transition of graduate students from academia to industry
- Guide the PhD and MSc students/graduates to better understand and value both their scientific and transversal skills while being prepared for the next level role by a senior and influential leader
- Increase the visibility of MSc and PhD students/graduates within the corporate world
- Combine the collaboration between academia and industry, smoothing the access to the job market and hidden positions
- Increase network
- Regular individual exchanges with a mentor offering listening and advice (1h/month)
- Testimonials from scientists and professionals in private companies
- Collective training workshops
- Student centred learning
- Active and cooperative learning
- On-site or remote (according to the health legislation in place).
- Guided discussions.