Neurogenesis and pathophysiology
A growing body of evidences suggests that plasticity in the adult brain is involved in the pathophysiology of behavior. Recently, neurogenesis has been evidenced in the dentate gyrus (DG) of the hippocampal formation (HF), a brain structure involved in memory and emotion. This phenomenon has stimulated the interest for its potential involvement in the physiology and pathophysiology of hippocampal-dependant behavior. Our research has been dedicated to demonstrate that adult-born hippocampal neurons are a key player in memory and emotion and that a reduction of adult neurogenesis leads to the development of memory disorders, anxiety-like behavior and drug addiction. Our current project is designed to understand when and how adult neurogenesis impacts hippocampal-dependent behavior. In addition, the role of neurons born during DG development will be also scrutinized. In conclusion, this research proposal will provide a better understanding of the role of adult neurogenesis in normal and pathological behaviors. This knowledge will allow the development of new therapeutics tools for behavioral pathologies.
Mots clésAttention, Cognition, Connectivité, Développement du système nerveux, Emotion, Environnement, Mémoire, Neuroadaptations, Optogénétique, Optogénétique et chemogénétique, Stress, Toxicomanie, Troubles addictifs, Troubles anxieux, Troubles du comportement, Vieillissement cognitif
- A Baldwin interpretation of adult hippocampal neurogenesis: from functional relevance to physiopathology. Djoher Nora Abrous, Muriel Koehl, Maël Lemoine. Mol Psychiatry. 2021-06-08.
- Adult-born neurons immature during learning are necessary for remote memory reconsolidation in rats. Marie Lods, Emilie Pacary, Wilfrid Mazier, Fanny Farrugia, Pierre Mortessagne, Nuria Masachs, Vanessa Charrier, Federico Massa, Daniela Cota, Guillaume Ferreira, Djoher Nora Abrous, Sophie Tronel. Nat Commun. 2021-03-19. 12 (1)
- Responsiveness of dentate neurons generated throughout adult life is associated with resilience to cognitive aging. Marie‐Françoise Montaron, Vanessa Charrier, Nicolas Blin, Pierre Garcia, Djoher Nora Abrous. Aging Cell. 2020-06-29. 19 (8) : e13161.
- The atypical Rho GTPase Rnd2 is critical for dentate granule neuron development and anxiety-like behavior during adult but not neonatal neurogenesis. Thomas Kerloch, Fanny Farrugia, Marlene Maitre, Geoffrey Terral, Muriel Koehl, Julian Ik-Tsen Heng, Mylene Blanchard, Helene Doat, Thierry Leste-Lasserre, Adeline Goron, Delphine Gonzales, Francois Guillemot, Nora Abrous, Emilie Pacary. Preprint bioRxiv. 2020-09-10.
- Inhibition of mTOR signaling by genetic removal of p70 S6 Kinase 1 leads to anxiety-like disorders. Muriel Koehl, Elodie Ladeveze, Caterina Catania, Daniela Cota, Djoher Nora Abrous. . 2020-03-25.
- Dentate Granule Neurons Generated During Perinatal Life Display Distinct Morphological Features Compared With Later-Born Neurons in the Mouse Hippocampus. Thomas Kerloch, Solène Clavreul, Adeline Goron, Djoher Nora Abrous, Emilie Pacary. Cerebral Cortex. 2018-09-12.
- mTORC1 pathway disruption abrogates the effects of the ciliary neurotrophic factor on energy balance and hypothalamic neuroinflammation.. Caroline André, Caterina Catania, Julie Remus-Borel, Elodie Ladeveze, Thierry Leste-Lasserre, Wilfrid Mazier, Elke Binder, Delphine Gonzales, Samantha Clark, Omar Guzman-Quevedo, Djoher Nora Abrous, Sophie Layé, Daniela Cota. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2018-05-01. 70 : 325-334.
- Depleting adult dentate gyrus neurogenesis increases cocaine-seeking behavior.. Véronique Deroche-Gamonet, Jean-Michel Revest, Jean-François Fiancette, Eric Balado, Muriel Koehl, Noëlle Grosjean, Djoher Nora Abrous, Pier-Vincenzo Piazza. Mol Psychiatry. 2018-03-05. 24 (2) : 312-320.
- Interplay of Maternal Care and Genetic Influences in Programming Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis. Muriel Koehl, Rixt van der Veen, Delphine Gonzales, Pier Vincenzo Piazza, Djoher Nora Abrous. Biological Psychiatry. 2012-08-01. 72 (4) : 282-289.
- Long-lasting plasticity of hippocampal adult-born neurons.. V. Lemaire, S. Tronel, M.-F. Montaron, A. Fabre, E. Dugast, D. N. Abrous. Journal of Neuroscience. 2012-02-29. 32 (9) : 3101-3108.
- A Critical Time Window for the Recruitment of Bulbar Newborn Neurons by Olfactory Discrimination Learning. L. Belnoue, N. Grosjean, D. N. Abrous, M. Koehl. Journal of Neuroscience. 2011-01-19. 31 (3) : 1010-1016.
- Spatial learning sculpts the dendritic arbor of adult-born hippocampal neurons.. Sophie Tronel, Annabelle Fabre, Vanessa Charrier, Stéphane H. R. Oliet, Fred H. Gage, Djoher Nora Abrous. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2010-04-07. 107 (17) : 7963-7968.
- Adult hippocampal neurogenesis is involved in anxiety-related behaviors. J-M Revest, D Dupret, M Koehl, C Funk-Reiter, N Grosjean, P-V Piazza, D N Abrous. Mol Psychiatry. 2009-03-03. 14 (10) : 959-967.
- Spatial Relational Memory Requires Hippocampal Adult Neurogenesis. David Dupret, Jean-Michel Revest, Muriel Koehl, François Ichas, Francesca De Giorgi, Pierre Costet, Djoher Nora Abrous, Pier Vincenzo Piazza. PLoS ONE. 2008-04-09. 3 (4) : e1959.
- Spatial learning depends on both the addition and removal of new hippocampal neurons.. David Dupret, Annabelle Fabre, Màtè Dàniel Döbrössy, Aude Panatier, José Julio Rodríguez, Stéphanie Lamarque, Valerie Lemaire, Stephane H. R Oliet, Pier-Vincenzo Piazza, Djoher Nora Abrous. PLoS Biol. 2007-08-07. 5 (8) : e214.
- Differential effects of learning on neurogenesis: learning increases or decreases the number of newly born cells depending on their birth date.. M D Döbrössy, E Drapeau, C Aurousseau, M Le Moal, P V Piazza, D N Abrous. Mol Psychiatry. 2003-11-26. 8 (12) : 974-982.
Nora Abrous Abrous (Team leader)
Chercheurs, Praticiens hospitaliers...