Reviews Awards JNC-ISN Trainee Merit Award
These competitive awards will be given to students or postdocs within 5 years of receiving a PhD and who are first authors of reviews in the Journal of Neurochemistry. Up to $700 USD will be reimbursed to cover costs for participation in Neurochemistry or Neuroscience meetings (including virtual meetings) for trainees presenting their work as a poster or oral communication.
Applications will be received twice a year (April 1st and November 1st) for Review manuscripts published within 1 year from the first online publication date. Any Neuroscience meeting in the areas of research covered by the Journal of Neurochemistry is eligible, however preference will be given to ISN meetings, Sister Society (ASN, ESN, APSN) Meetings or other ISN-sponsored meetings. Trainees should acknowledge this award in their presentation and any original research publication related to the data. This award cannot be combined with any other financial ISN support.
Application deadlines per year: April 1 & November 1
- Students and postdocs up to 5 years after the year their doctoral degree was awarded (at the time of application)
- First author of a review accepted or published in the Journal of Neurochemistry
- Online publication date of the review is less than 1 year prior to application deadline
Application must contain:
- A short CV (maximum 2 pages, including a list of publications)
- Information about the meeting to be attended (half page)
- Accepted abstract as presenting author
- A letter of support from the supervisor
- Budget of estimated costs
Submit your application documents to .
The award is competitive and recipients will be selected by the Editor-in-Chief of JNC in consultation with the Reviews board.
Questions and queries:
If you need any information, please contact Marco Prado () or email the JNC office at