FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Mentoring Prize
Expire le 15 février 2024
The FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Mentoring Prize is awarded every second year at the FENS Forum and honors an individual who has demonstrated leadership in fostering the careers of neuroscientists.
he Call for Nominations is now open
The FENS-Kavli Scholars aim to promote neuroscience and support early-career neuroscientists in Europe. We recognize that mentoring plays an essential role in fostering scientists, but mentoring efforts are often not recognised or rewarded in a scientific career.
This award will honor an individual who has demonstrated leadership in fostering the careers of neuroscientists.
Commitment to mentoring may be demonstrated for example by
- recommendations from mentees representing different career stages (students, postdocs, PIs, technicians);
- evidence of support to trainees experiencing personal or professional difficulties;
- trainees’ career path and successes (both academic and non-academic);
- evidence of mentoring junior colleagues outside of the immediate supervision (e.g., comments on grant proposals and manuscripts, experimental assistance, career advice).
- the nominee must be a neuroscientist with a PhD, MD or equivalent;
- the nominee must currently be a head of a research laboratory in a FENS member country with responsibility for mentoring (for example supervising students, postdoctoral researchers or technicians);
- the nominee is prepared to write a brief statement (500 words) on their mentoring vision if shortlisted for the FKNE Mentoring Prize 2024;
- the nominee has to be available to attend the FENS Forum 2024 (Vienna, 25-29 June 2024).