IBRO Collaborative Research Grants
The IBRO Collaborative Research Grant program seeks to foster international scientific collaboration and development of human resources within and between IBRO regions. The main goal of the award is to facilitate collaboration between a) two emerging research groups or b) one emerging and one established research group.
Awards will cover the costs of travel, accommodation, subsistence and research between the two groups.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must have been principal investigators for seven years or less. Any extended breaks from research (e.g. maternity, paternity or adoption leave) is accepted and should be justified in the application
- At least one research group should be an emerging laboratory
- Collaborations must begin in 2023
- The collaboration must include bi-directional travel of principal investigators, postdocs and/or students that plan to work on the scientific collaboration defined in the project application
- The defined collaboration must be completed within two years from the collaboration start date
- The required funding report should be submitted one year from the collaboration start date
- Funds will transferred according to an 80:20 format, meaning 80% of the grant will be awarded two months prior to the start date of the collaboration, and the remaining 20% upon completion and submission of the associated grant report