FENS video contest – YouTube channel: Share your Neuroscience Skills
You have acquired wonderful skills, unique techniques, and learned new methods during your life as a young or advanced neuroscientist. Why not share them with others in our neuroscience community?
FENS Committee for Higher Education and Training (CHET) is looking for researchers to create short videos explaining their skills to the non-expert – we will host the videos on the FENS YouTube channel.
All accepted videos will be posted on the FENS YouTube channel on 27 April 2022.
The 10 most viewed, or top videos on the FENS YouTube registered by 10 June 2022, 5 pm CET will be shown during the FENS Forum 2022 (9-13 July, Paris).
The individual producers of the top 4 viewed videos on FENS YouTube channel will benefit from waived registration at the FENS Forum 2022.
Procedure in a nutshell:
- Choose a simple topic where you are an expert.
- This can be a simple technique such as performing a histological stain, a PCR or a western blot or a soft skill such as making the perfect graph, or keeping relaxed during a PhD defense.
- If you are a lab member, make sure that your PI agrees with you sharing the material, and if any animal experimentation involved, that you mention all the precautions to avoid stress or pain (for more indications on the responsible use of animal in research and the associated European legislative framework, please consult the FENS Committee on Animal Research (CARE) page.
- Make a video: 2-5 min maximum length, avi, mp3 formats. We encourage you to include graphics and images.
- Submit the video via the dedicated form to the FENS Committee for Higher Education and Training Committee (CHET) for scientific and ethical review (in particular if there is any content regarding animal experimentation)
- The video will be posted on the FENS-YouTube channel and promoted by social media.
- The 10 most viewed videos on FENS YouTube channel registered by 10 June 2022, 5 pm CET will be shown during the FENS Forum 2022 (9-13 July, Paris), and featured as an online resource on the FENS website.
- The individual producers of the top 4 viewed videos benefit from waived registration (i.e.: 1 waived registration for each of the 4 top viewed videos) to attend the FENS Forum 2022.
Submission deadline: 20 April 2022
Check here the Terms and Conditions of the video contest.