Annual BCI Award
The International BCI Award, endowed with 6,000 USD, is one of the top accolades in BCI research. The BCI Award was created to recognize outstanding and innovative research in the field of Brain-Computer Interfaces.
12 projects are nominated before the winner is announced at the BCI Award Ceremony.
- The 12 nominated projects will be invited to submit a chapter to be published
in the BCI State-of-the-Art book (Springer).
- The winner gets 3,000 USD, the 2nd place 2,000 USD and the 3rd place 1,000 USD and a Gert Pfurtscheller bread knife.
- All nominees are invited to present their work during the BCI Award Ceremony.
- All winners get a keynote talk invitation to the BCI & Neurotechnology Spring School, the biggest BCI event worldwide.
- All winners and nominees are invited to The Neurocareers: Doing The Impossible! Podcast hosted by Milena Korostenskaja.
- There is no limitation or special consideration for the type of hardware and software used in the submission.
- The competition is open to any BCI group or researcher worldwide. The jury is not allowed to vote for their own group.
- The BCI Award is donated by g.tec medical engineering GmbH.