LabEx BRAIN: Ph.D extension grant
The LabEx BRAIN offers to students from Bordeaux a fellowship to complete their Ph.D thesis work, either before or after the defense. The fellowship aims at funding either a fourth year of Ph.D or up to one year post-doc immediately after a 3 year Ph.D, covering up a period to finish projects before leaving the lab. The funding can last up to one year.
Due to the COVID crisis, exceptionally, we will also consider funding PhD students currently already in their fourth year (already supported or not by the Labex). This extension will not exceed the defense date and at the latest up to March 31st 2021. No post-doc contract will be possible in this case.
- The PhD must be conducted in a Bordeaux Neurocampus laboratory
- The candidate has already accomplished the 3rd year of his/her Ph.D (funding the 4th year only, provided it is accepted by the doctorate school)
- Or, is currently in his 4th year of Ph.D, see above.
- The LabEx PhD extension grant doesn’t exceed 12 months in total.
- Curriculum and career plan
- Quality of the application (clear and concise writing, in line with the template…)
- Quality of the methodology (progress achieved and planning for the completion of the thesis, feasibility)
- Potential to result in high impact publications
The deadline for submission is July 3rd 2020 noon. Proposals will be evaluated by members of the LabEx BRAIN steering committee. The selected candidates list will be communicated via Bordeaux Neurocampus website and e-mail.
For additional information and submission per mail