Scientific Project Manager
The Bordeaux School of Neuroscience is recruiting a Research Engineer for the position of Scientific Project Manager with expertise in Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with technical skills in neuroscience, in particular with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to participate in the organization of practical training courses at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience (BSN) as well as in the management of the laboratory. The BSN is a research laboratory dedicated to research training in neuroscience through experimental practice. In particular, the BSN offers courses in neuroscience as part of the international CAJAL Advanced Neuroscience Training Program (https://cajal-training.org/) and as part of the Bordeaux Neurocampus Graduate School (EUR UBGSNeuro).
Contract duration: 1 year renewable.
Bordeaux School of Neuroscience
Centre for Functional Genomics
University of Bordeaux
• Practical coordination of projects within « hands-on » training courses on a variety of neuroscience topics, through strong interactions with instructors and partners involved in each course.
• Training and technological transfer to the users, in methods used in neuroscience research.
• Management of cell cultures, molecular biology techniques and animal experiments.
• Establishment of Ethical and Animal Care protocols as well as Health and Security procedures.
• Management of consumables/animal orders according to the projects carried out in each course.
• Management of inventory of consumables and supplies and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Assessment of technological needs and organisation of collaborations with technological core facilities.
• Negotiation with suppliers for purchase and loan of equipment.
• PhD in Neuroscience or in Cell Biology
• Experience in managing a Neuroscience laboratory would be an asset.
• Experience in molecular and cellular biology is strongly recommended.
• Experience in animal handling. A Felasa certificate for in vivo experimentation is required.
• Knowledge of Health and Security and ethical regulations
• Fluency in English, good knowledge of French would be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with local and international contacts.
Salary according to the experience of the candidate, recruitment by the University of Bordeaux, with corresponding benefits.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter to , and copy to , Director of the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience.
Mise à jour: 03/04/23