Postdoctoral position in Cellular Neuroscience
The Interdisciplinary Institute for Neuroscience of the Bordeaux Neurocampus Department is a world-leading internationally oriented neuroscience research center committed to exploring synaptic and circuit mechanisms of brain function in physiological and in pathological conditions.
The team “Synaptic circuits of memory” led by Christophe Mulle is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) in Cellular Neuroscience to work on a preclinical project on Alzheimer’s disease, investigating the physiological and pathophysiological roles of susceptiblity genes at synapses.
The project will combine advanced techniques for synapse biology based on patch-clamp recordings combined with gene targeting, optogenetics, as well as superresolution microscopy. The project is part of a larger collaborative project funded by the ANR with Jean-Charles Lambert at the Institut Pasteur in Lille, France, whose team is fully devoted to the identification of genetic risk factors of AD. The successful candidate will work independently on his/her project, but interact closely with the PI and collaborate with other team members, and will be supported in his project by technical assistants in molecular biology and gene targeting techniques.
The position is available from November 2021 and initially for 2 years.
More information on the research group can be found at https://www.iins.u-bordeaux.fr/MULLE
• Enthusiasm for synaptic research and cellular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases.
• PhD in neuroscience (or in the final stages of submitting the thesis)
• Prior experience with in vitro or in vivo electrophysiology techniques required
• Good data analysis and programming skills essential
• Expertise in mouse surgery will be considered a plus
• Collaborative mindset, good communication skills and language proficiency in English
• Freedom to independently develop a project focussing on the basic mechanisms of memory formation
• Excellent scientific infrastructure with state-of-the-art research facilities
• International, collaborative environment with a strong focus on science and research
• Extensive scientific training and individual mentoring by the PI, as well as additional support for structured career development via the CNRS and the Bordeaux Neurocampus department
• Opportunities to engage in mentoring, and in participating in the Cajal Advanced Neuroscience training activities at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience
• Employment, salary and social benefits are determined by the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique.
We are looking forward to your application consisting of a short cover letter stating your motivation nd research interests, a CV as well as two references. Please submit your application to Christophe Mulle .
Interviews will first be conducted via video conferencing, followed by a possible on-site visit to Bordeaux at a second stage. Applications will be evaluated on a
rolling basis and considered until the position is filled.