Scientific Project Manager
The Bordeaux School of Neuroscience is recruiting a Research Engineer for a position of Scientific Project Manager with expertise in Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience.
Mission: We are looking for an enthusiastic person with technical skills in neuroscience, in particular with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to participate in the organization of practical training courses at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience (BSN). The BSN is a research laboratory dedicated to research training in neuroscience through experimental practice. In particular, the BSN offers courses in neuroscience as part of the international CAJAL Advanced Neuroscience Training Program (http://www.fens.org/Training/CAJAL-programme) and as part of the Bordeaux Neurocampus Graduate School (EUR UBGSNeuro).
Start: 01/09/2019; Contract duration: 1 year renewable. Location: Bordeaux School of Neuroscience, Centre for Functional Genomics, University of Bordeaux.
- Practical coordination of projects within “hands-on” training courses on a variety of neuroscience topics, through strong interactions with instructors involved in each course.
- Training and technological transfer to the users, in methods used in neuroscience research.
- Management of cell cultures, molecular biology techniques and animal experiments.
- Establishment of Ethical and Animal Care protocols as well as Health and Security procedures.
- Management of consumables/animals orders and stocks, according to the projects carried out in each course.
- Assessment of technological needs and organisation of collaborations with technological core facilities.
- Negotiation with suppliers for purchase and loan of equipment.
- PhD in Neuroscience or in Cell Biology
- Experience in managing a Neuroscience laboratory would be an asset.
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology is strongly recommended.
- Experience in animal handling. Felasa certificate for in vivo experimentation is required.
- Knowledge in Health and Security and in ethical regulations
- Fluent in English and good knowledge in French.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with local and international contacts.
Salary according to experience of the candidate.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy to email@example.com, Director of the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience.